I always was anti e-books. I loved the smell and feel of an actual book. I loved to own a physical book and have it displayed on my book rack. I so much loved to collect them that you may call me a hoarder… I have so many I yet could not find time to read. And ever since Myra was born it was becoming even more difficult to pick them up and no that did not stop me from buying 😛
So what really got me to Kindle:
- I was surely in no mood for making a purchase for a device I totally did not believe in. So had it not been for the kindle app I would not have tried it out for sure.
- Also my “book” shelf was now Myra’s montessori shelf (again because I was avoiding another investment I was not completely sure about) So as a result there was no space to keep the books. And thus I really did not see them any more 😦
- Also given the nature of our life, moving every two years packing up frequently… I really was not sure where I was heading with the innumerable books.
- Also I was very frequently glued to my phone while nursing Myra. Many a times there was nothing to do online and I wished for a book. Also after she sleeps I wanted to read before I sleep and there was no bedside lamp and I was not sure having one would disturb her.
- So eventually the kindle app and another new book on my wishlist pushed me to giving Kindle a try.
- And what was this book… The life changing joy of tidying up. Will do a detailed review how the book changed my life… but yes as far as books are concerned. Henceforth I shall buy a hard copy only if kindle is not available and yes for Myra at least for some time to come.
Reading on kindle was not half as bad as I had imagined. It was perhaps just a mind block. In fact it is so much fun to highlight and immediately share a snapshot of what you are reading with someone who might be interested. It is very easy to navigate through the book. the book would open at the very same place where I left last. And you can also read multiple books and they all will be book marked
And the best part was reading in the dark. You do not need any lights to help you read. Also you don’t need to carry a physical book everywhere. Mobile is something always with us. So whenever wherever I have time I can easily catch a few pages from the book 🙂
Kindle is an awesome reading experience! If you have any apprehensions keep them aside and just give it one shot. You too may fall in love with it like me:)
And no I don’t have any plans of buying a kindle device very soon. The app seems to function very well and like I said carrying a mobile is something we rarely ever forget. But having said that I am very sure that the device offers something more than the app and maybe in years to come I just might make yet another hole in darling husband’s pocket 😉